Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Practical Theology for Women: Advice for Those Burned by the Church

An article by Wendy Alsup that is sure to be helpful to many women.  I learned about Wendy and her ministry to women from my friends at Morning Star Church in Rockford, Illinois.  Morning Star hosts the Grace and Truth Conference for Women, my two older daughters and I attended the conference twice.  Recently Wendy Alsup was one of the speakers, though I was not in attendance on the occasions she spoke I have followed her blog and listened to the conference audio messages.

I know more and more women who do not belong to a church because of some reason or another.  Some say they have been burned by the church, some say they don't need a church with all of the technology that allows them to participate from home at their leisure.  There is so much that one misses out on when one who is a Christian chooses not to assemble with fellow believers consistently.  I pray this post by Wendy will help some woman who has 'been burned by the church' and begin the journey to healing and encouragement.


Practical Theology for Women: Advice for Those Burned by the Church: Here's my advice for those burned by the Church. It's simple, yet profound. Here goes. Trust the Church. I need to qualify tha...

No comments: