Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gospel Song



This is a wonderful short chorus to remember.  This is from the Sovereign Grace Kids CD, Awesome God.  I'm teaching this to children I know to share the gospel with them.
Truths in this song:
God is Holy, Leviticus 19:2
“Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy. ESV
God's love prompted Him to come, 1 John 4:9
In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.
Jesus became the Perfect (Sinless) Man to bear my blame, my sin  2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Took my sin on Him while on the cross, 1 Peter 2:24"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed."
He died, 1Corinthians 15:3,4  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures
I have new life because of his death and resurrection, Colossians 2:12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
 
This is Good News and we must share it especially with our children.
THE GOSPEL SONG  
VERSE 
Holy God, in love, became
Perfect Man to bear my blame 
On the cross He took my sin 
By His death I live again

No comments: