Sunday, August 24, 2014

Your Arena of Battle



Your Arena of Battle



Nancy Leigh DeMoss started a new series with lessons from
the book of Joshua.  I missed a large
number of them because I was unable to listen at the time of day the program
airs on our local station and I just forgot to check out the website for the
current lessons.  Thankfully, my schedule
changed and I've at least heard bits and pieces of the programs.  Today I prayed over the verses, Acts 11:22 "News of this reached the church in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch.
23 When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and
encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24 He was
a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people
were brought to the Lord".   I was struck by the visit Barnabas made to
Antioch and the encouragement he offered the leaders of that new church and the
new believers.  The message he gave them
was to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts and then he stayed to work
with them for a while and a great number were brought to the Lord.



After spending time in prayer and getting to one area of
prayer about my own spiritual growth, prayer time and maturity, I was prompted to visit the
Revive Our Hearts website and look for broadcasts to listen to and notes to
review.  I found myself in awe that the
program I began to listen to addressed this area so specifically.  I am thankful for God’s Sovereignty and His
provision.  This broadcast is so timely
and I believe as I go through the remainder of the broadcasts and lessons I’ll
be further encouraged and strengthened. 
I pray that these programs can be encouraging to others.  

For a list of the other lessons from Joshua visit the Revive Our Hearts page at this link 


No comments: